Fear is not your friend. No, you don’t want to embrace it or even walk with it. It was created to cripple you. You were created with purpose as orchestrated by the Lord. This purpose doesn’t include the ingredient fear and thus, it must be eradicated.
You can do far more than you can imagine. Believe in God, do His will, and watch your fruits bear. You can stretch past your perceived limitations and achieve all that God created you to be. Isaiah 54 encourages us to,
3Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
4For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
5 WAYS WE CAN STAY FOCUSED AND KILL FEAR
- Stay Connected to God in Prayer/Worship: Prayer keeps us in communication with God. Prayer/worship helps us to remain in the presence of God. In His presence, there is fullness of joy and at His right hand, there is pleasure forevermore. No wonder, the enemy fights us so much in this area. If he can get us to do everything else but pray, he knows he can have his way. Let’s stay connected to our creator in prayer and worship, and we will be more complete in Him.
- Stay Connected to God’s Word: God’s word is life. Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord. Proverbs 16:20
- Think Positive/Reap Positive: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Phillipians 4:8).
- Persistence and Consistency: Whatever the Lord has placed in your heart to do…go for it…knowing that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Rest assured that He will complete His work, but it’s your responsibility to be an obedient vessel. Yes, you will have hiccups, trials, roadblocks, but endure until the end. Persistent and consistent prayer, effort, love, patience and endurance will allow you to achieve beyond your mental limitations and kill fear.
- Focus on the Goal: If you have a project to complete, stay on the road to completion. Look not to the right or the left, Have faith in God and give it 100%.
Blessings to you as you embrace your journey in Christ.