We are reminded to clothe ourselves with humility on a variety of occasions in the Bible. Colossians 3: 12 boldly proclaims,
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”
Colossians 3:12 NIV
- Abraham was humbled before God when He brought Isaac to be sacrificed
- David was humbled before God when he diligently served God wherever He was called.
I am still yet to see the will and love of God fail me in any aspect of my life. Holding on to His unchanging hands and carrying every concern to His feet is truly a remarkable act of Humility. When we are humble enough in the presence of God, we seek Him first. We seek God first because
1. He deserves all the Glory, Honor, and Praise
2. He wants to fellowship with us
3. He commanded us to love Him with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength.
When we seek Him and His righteousness first, the Word of God reminds us that all things will be added unto us. As such, we are encouraged to look to our Father in all things, through all circumstances, and at all times.
He wants every piece of our being to be surrendered to Him and in order to do so effectively, we must remain humble and understand that
1. He knows all things
2. He wants the best for us
3. He is calling us to live a life filled with true and immeasurable joy
4. He wants us to trust Him throughout every uncertainty, disappointment, and setbacks.
5. He wants us to live purposefully in His presence, calling, peace, and love.
Today, seek him first and trust that He is straightening the way. Let’s allow the one and only true and living God to take hold of our lives and lead us to a path filled with unconditional love and undiluted truth.
Love you always,