How amazing is that feeling, when we can say with a smile ‘It Is Well With My Soul’. Even though we are rocked by the winds and waves of life’s tribulations, we can choose to smile and say “It is Well with my Soul”.
I remember being caught in this net quite a number of times, so much that the only escape route that lingers at the forefront of my mind is “YES GOD DID IT AGAIN”. God has never failed me yet.
- Has he delivered me 100% of the time? Absolutely Yes.
- Has it always been at a time when I it wanted to happen? Nope!
- Has it always been in the way I wanted it happen? Of-course not.
- Has it been easy to cope with the feelings of despair, discouragement, brokenness, denial, and such like? You guessed it right again, certainly not.
But as I learn to apply the Word of God to my life, I have grown to trust God and relax my thoughts in his arms.
I remembered like it was yesterday, I was in the process of applying for teaching positions in the Jacksonville, Florida area. I knew I was getting ready to move to Florida from New Jersey and I wanted to be able to get a great start by landing a fairly decent job. I was searching and applying day after day, week after week to no avail.
Approximately two weeks prior to moving down, I applied to a Christian school. No later than the following day, the vice principal wanted to meet with me. I told her I was not going to be in the area until the next two weeks and she gladly went ahead and scheduled me to meet with her then. Upon arriving to the interview, she told me that she had to wait for me after seeing my resume and that the two weeks wait was worth it. After submitting so many, and being uncertain about what I was going to do, little did I know that God had already prepared the way before the problem was even conceived. Not only did he open that door, but many more offers came knocking.
I know sometimes you may be worried and discontented about life, but remember God has already made the provision even before the birth of the problem, struggle or trial. So whatever life throws in your face, remember that you’re more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ.
Believe, receive and act upon the Word of God because it’s life changing.
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength – Luke 10:27
- For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments – 1 John 5:3
- Obey Him by meditating on His words day and night, and by becoming doers of the Word – Joshua 1:8, James 1:22
- Let go off the control and pride, Trust God!
- His thoughts are not your thoughts and His ways are not your ways. Isaiah 55
- Trust me, we don’t know it all and we certainly don’t have all the answers.
- Continue to look to the hills, the source of your help (Psalm 121) and say – “It is Well with My Soul” –
Psalm 34:18-20 (KJV)
The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.